User experience is everything that happens to your users when they interact with your business or organization through your website, online communication or application and so it is important to have clear user experience goals. UX actually includes everything they see, hear and do as well as their emotional reactions. The customer is always be the king. At any point the customer can opt to leave your website and go elsewhere (to a competitor) if he/she is not satisfied with what your services. User experience is very important because of the following:
- It helps to increase sale on online conversion
- Improves ranking in search engines
- It reduces the cost of development and support
- It reduces customer dissatisfaction and churn
- It improves brand perception.
To have effective user experience you must set goals that will enable you run and operate your user experience efficiently.
5 User Experience Goals to Set
Your users are your visitors. When you create a user experience that is easy, pleasant and natural for users to be able to achieve a given task, the user will be satisfied and will do it the again. As a result the user will make repeated visits. When users interact with you system, they want to find something that will satisfy them. If the user feel that he/she is not getting what he/she want from your system, he will immediate quit and look for a system that offers better service. To avoid that, you must ensure that your main goal is customer satisfaction. When the user is done with the system for a particular session you must ensure that he/she feels satisfied that they achieved what they wanted when entering the system be it for interaction with other users or to search for information.
- Clear language There is no user who wants to spend even a second in a system that does not use clear language. Terminologies used in the system should not ambiguous or abusive. Help text should also be relevant and readily accessible. The language used should be simple, clear and precise. Try a much as possible to use short sentences that are clear. Users will spend more time in your system if they realize that the language used is correct and simple. If a user is forced to use a dictionary to looking for meaning of words, then the chances of that user vising your system again will be very small. There are also chances that the user will not comprehend what you are saying. To be on the safe side, ensure that the language is easily, readable clear and straight to the point.
- Informative feedback Another very important user experience goal is giving relevant feedback through tasks, conforming success and providing useful feedback in case of error. When user visit your system to buy a product or seek services, they will want to inquire about something before they make a purchase. If you want to have an amazing user experience, then you must always be ready to provide feedback that is informative to your customers. You should always ensure that you provide feedback to every user on time before the user get impatient. If a user want guidance when navigating through your system, you must be able to provide it immediately before the user decide to quit and look for another system which is better. By providing feedback which is reliable and informative to users on time, you will be able to increase sales and online conversion as well as improve your brand perception.
Most people lack consistently when it comes to User experience guidelines. You must always be consistent among website user interface convection and Drupal user interfaces. The result of action should always be predictable and expected. When it come to a scenario where you are inconsistent, users will not trust your system because you are not reliable. You system should have predictable pattern that is easy to use and navigate. If your users have a bad experience with your system, they won’t come back and you will not only have lost a customer but you will also lose customer loyalty. That is why it is very important to be consistent when it comes to functions and features of your system. If you add any feature and function in your system, you must ensure that it is for the common good of the user. The feature should be convenient easy to read and navigable. By being consistent, you will have a good user experience and that will ensure that your company gets return on investment, it will ensure that all the money you put into the system generates into measurable value for your business.
That is why it is very important to be consistent when it comes to functions and features of your system. If you add any feature and function in your system, you must ensure that it is for the common good of the user. The feature should be convenient easy to read and navigable. By being consistent, you will have a good user experience and that will ensure that your company gets return on investment, it will ensure that all the money you put into the system generates into measurable value for your business.
Reaching satisfaction means nothing if the user do not enjoy the ride to get there. One of your main goal should therefore be undercover user experience design. You can achieve this by using humor to spice up the experience so as to make it more fun. In addition, appropriate and effective sound effects and visuals can make your system entertaining thus attracting more users. According to a recent research conducted by Google, websites which are fun and entertaining tend to get more visitors than those which are not. When your system is enjoyable, the user will be willing to spend more time in it and he/she can even make a purchase of something that he/she did not even.
According to a recent research conducted by Google, websites which are fun and entertaining tend to get more visitors than those which are not. When your system is enjoyable, the user will be willing to spend more time in it and he/she can even make a purchase of something that he/she did not even thought will buy just because he/she enjoyed navigating through the system. Make sure that the system appearance is attractive and appealing to the eye of the user. In addition make sure that the content in the system is relevant, informative, easy to read and interesting.
A good user experience is one that ensures that the users are satisfied and get what they are looking for once they are out of the system. A good user experience is also one that will ensure that users came back. In conclusion user experience play a big role when it comes to customer satisfaction. The 5 user experience goals described above will ensure that you create an amazing user experience that will enable you increase your sale as well as make your site to rank high in various search engines.
Additional user experience information is available on ux software page.