This week’s Best in UX offer a variety of different perspectives on mobile experience, software design, and even tips from the very best in professional social network leadership.
1. Search Marketers: The Time to Focus on Mobile User Experience is Now
This article by Susan Waldes shares the best and the worst of user experience with mobile search ads. The author’s attention to particular and well known examples make this article particularly insightful.
2. Want the Best User Experience? Make it Harder to Add Features
Jonathan Courtney’s article gives some important insight into building software without scalability in mind. I think you’ll find this article particularly useful for those who are troubled by disorganized information architecture.
3. A LinkedIn Executive Shares the #1 Tip to Using the Professional Social Network
This article by Jillian D’Onfro shares Steve Johnson’s tip for improving your presence on the professional social network. Johnson is LinkedIn’s VP of User Experience and has some excellent insights into the opportunities you have available to you.
4. 10 Things I Learned From Taking 100 Usability Tests
This article by Kissmetrics, identifies some of the most important things that the author, Chuck Liu noted after taking 100 Usability tests.
5. Great UX Ted Talk: How Giant Websites Design for You (And a Billion Others, Too)
This article outlines some of the highlights from Margaret Gould Stewart of Facebook. She discusses the many challenges of global design and the most important questions to ask for effective UX design.